I’m aiming for the expert’s level. This requires me to read two novels from each of these continents in the course of 2010: Africa, Asia, Australasia, Europe, North America (incl Central America), South America plus two novels set in Antarctica. From fourteen different countries or states.
I’ve restricted myself to crime fiction books only from completely new to me authors. In addition to that after completing a first round from each continent, except Antarctica, I have choose to read female writers only.
So far I have read 12 novels:
1) Michael Stanley – A Carrion Death (Botswana) January 11.
2) Margie Orford – Like Clockwork (South Africa) April, 29.
3) Mehmet Murat Somer – The Gigolo Murder (Turkey) February 15.
4) Natsuo Kirino – Out (Japan) Currently April 21.
5) Peter Temple – Dead Point (Australia) January 29.
6) Vanda Symon – Overkill (New Zealand) April 3.
7) Alicia Gimenez Bartlett – Death Rites (Spain) January 3.
8) Karin Fossum – Don’t Look Back (Norway) March 8.
9) Leonardo Padura – Havana Gold (Cuba) February 9.
10) Laura Lippman – What the Dead Know (USA) March 18.
11) Santiago Roncagliolo – Red April (Peru) January 18.
12) Claudia Piñeiro – Thursday Night Widows (Argentina) March 23.
Plus two novels set in Antarctica
13) Bob Reiss – Purgatory Road TBR .
14) Sarah Andrews – In Cold Pursuit TBR.