Andalucía local government, La Junta de Andalucía, has launched a campaign to have flamenco declared an Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO. The Cervantes Institute, which promotes the Spanish language abroad, will promote the campaign through its 70 branches across the world.
For more information click HERE.
More information about UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage HERE.
Many thanks to Kerrie at Mysteries in Paradise who has been kind enough to pass on to me this award yesterday. That was very kind of you Kerrie. Although I’m sure my blog doesn’t fit into this category I do appreciate it .
Here it is:
Rules of acceptance:
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
- Display the award logo on your blog site.
- Tell us five of your favourite words and why you like them, (add as many as you like).
- Pass the award on to three bloggers you feel are excellent literacy builders, and link to their sites.
- Contact the bloggers you’ve chosen and let them know about the award.
Five of my favourite words, just because I like their sounds:
- Sable. (Black or very dark of course you know that but it is also a magnificent antelope).
Since rules are made to break them I will choose three bloggers telling them that there is no obligation to accept this award and/or pass it on to any other blogger. So please Vanda, Martin and Donna feel free to do whatever you want.
Please do visit their blogs and, even more important, do read their books.