The 2010 Typically British Reading Challenge 2010 was hosted by Carolyn at Book Chick City. I signed up once I did realise that I had not read many British crime fiction books this year and I thought it was a nice opportunity to dust off some of the books that were sitting in my shelves waiting TBR. Voluntarily I limited my participation to my favourite genre, although the Challenge is not restricted to crime fiction books.
There were four levels:
- “Put The Kettle On” – Read 2 Typically British novels.
- “Gordon Bennett” – Read 4 Typically British novels.
- “Bob’s Your Uncle” – Read 6 Typically British novels.
- “Cream Crackered” – Read 8 Typically British novels.
My aim was to achieve ‘Bob’s Your Uncle’ level. For which I’ve read:
- The Coffin Trail by Martin Edwards
- The Birthday Present by Barbara Vine
- Raven Black by Ann Cleeves
- Resurrection Men by Ian Rankin
- Written in Bone by Simon Beckett
- A Certain Justice by PD James
It was great fun to participate, thank you Carolyn.