Estudio en Escarlata (A Study in Scarlat) Bookshop, 4 February 2011 at 19:30.
Rosa Ribas will present her latest novel En caída libre (At Free Fall) at Estudio en Escarlata Librería (A Study in Scarlet Bookshop), Guzmán el Bueno, 46 (Esq Fernández de los Ríos), Madrid, next Friday 4 February at 19:30. Alice Silver will make an introduction and Paco Gómez Escribano (no relationship) will discuss about her book.
For additional information visit Rosa Ribas website (in Spanish and in German)
I’m planning to attend, stay tuned.
Leif Davidsen (born 25 July 1950 in Otterup) is a Danish author. Educated as a journalist, in 1977 he started working in Spain as a freelance journalist for Danmarks Radio. In 1980 he began covering Soviet news with frequent news reports to Danmarks Radio from Russia. From 1984 to 1988 he was stationed in Moscow. As a journalist he has travelled extensively around the world. When Davidsen returned to Denmark he became chief editor of Danmarks Radio’s foreign news desk. From 1996 he edited a TV series called “Danish Dream” about Denmark today. In 1999, he became a full time writer. Davidsen writes political thrillers, which depict life of modern man in a changing world. Even if many of the characters are of Danish origin, the settings of the stories are often abroad. Davidsen published his first book ‘Uhellige alliancer’ or ‘The Sardine Deception’ in 1984. It is a story of intrigue in the Spanish Basque Country shortly after Franco’s death. (Taken from Wikipedia).
See also Alphabet in crime fiction: Leif Davidsen, by Petrona/Maxine and Leonhardt & Høier Literary Agency.
Leif Davidesen’s Bibliography:
- Uhellige alliancer (1984) The Sardine Deception (aka Unholy Alliance)
- Den russiske sangerinde (novel) (1989) (also movie) The Russian Singer
- Den sidste spion (1991) The Last Spy
- Den troskyldige russer (1993)
- Forræderen – og andre historier (1995)
- Den serbiske dansker (1996) (also TV movie) The Serbian Dane
- Lime’s billede (1998) Lime’s Photograph
- Dostojevskijs sidste rejse (2002) (travel book)
- De gode søstre (2001) The Woman from Bratislava
- Fjenden i spejlet (2004) The Enemy in the Mirror
- Den ukendte hustru (2006) The Unknown Wife
- På udkig efter Hemingway (2008) On the Lookout for Hemingway
- Min broders vogter (2010) My Brother’s Keeper
The Sardine Deception has been reviewed by Norman/Uriah at Crime Scraps.
The Serbian Dane, has been reviewed by Karen at Euro Crime and Bernadette at Reactions to Reading
Lime’s Photograph has been reviewed at Scandinavian Books.
The Woman from Bratislava, has been reviewed by Maxine at Euro Crime and Norman at Crime Scraps.
I’m planning to read The Woman from Bratislava soon. Stay tuned.