Karen at Euro Crime has already published the list of translated crime novels released between June 2011 and May 2012 ie the period of eligibility. There’s 51 already but I do expect more to come. Just wanted to highlight the titles that have caught my attention.
Read so far:
- Ernesto Mallo – Sweet Money (Original title Delincuente Argentino)
- Eduardo Mendoza – The Olive Labyrinth (Original title El laberinto de las aceitunas)
- Petros Markaris – Basic Shareholder (Spanish title: El accionista mayoritario)
Don’t want to miss:
- Andrea Camilleri – The Track of Sand
- Arnaldur Indridason – Outrage
- Johan Theorin – The Quarry
- Jan Costin Wagner – The Winter of the Lions
- Karin Fossum – The Caller
- Yrsa Sigurdardottir – The Day is Dark
- Asa Larsson – Until Thy Wrath be Past
- Gianrico Carofiglio – Temporary Perfections
- K O Dahl – Lethal Investments
- Deon Meyer – Trackers
- Hakan Nesser – The Unlucky Lottery
- Friis & Kaaberbol – The Boy in the Suitcase
- Leif GW Persson – Another Time, Another Life
A difficult task if my priority is to reduce the amount of books in my TBR shelves. I’ll have to get rid of some books I still have to read.
One thought on “International Dagger Speculation (2012)”
We can ‘t get the second two titles you’ve read over here yet, Jose Ignacio though when I was in Austria I saw a copy of Basic Shareholder on sale in a bookshop in German 😉
I have read quite a few on the longer list you give, and all I can say is that it is going to be a very tough decision – there are at least 3 I’ve read so far that I could not possibly choose between….