RBA, a Spanish publisher, has elaborated the following list on his blog Serie Negra:
- Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter, by Tom Franklin (William Morrow, 2010). Winner of the CWA Gold Dagger Award 2011.
- Con el agua al cuello, by Petros Markaris (Tusquets, 2011). Original title: Ληξιπρόθεσμα Δάνεια (Expiring Loans). Winner of the VII edition of Pepe Carvalho Prize.
- Truth, by Peter Temple (Text Publishing, 2009) Winner of the 2010 Miles Franklin Literary Award.
- No abras los ojos, by John Verdon (Roca, 2011) Shut Your Eyes Tight (Crown, 2011).
- The Snowman, by Jo Nesbo (Harvill Secker, 2010).
- Viskelen, by Arne Dahl (Chinese Whispers, winner of the Best Swedish Crime Novel 2011).
- El Ejército Furioso. Fred Vargas (Siruela, 2011) Original title: L’armée furieuse (Editions Viviane Hamy, 2011).
- Started early, took my dog, by Kate Atkinson (Doubleday, 2010)
- Niebla roja, by Patricia Cornwell (RBA, 2011) Original title: Red Mist (Putnam Adult, 2011). Winner of the Premio RBA de Novela Negra 2011.
- A Trick of the Light, by Louise Penny (Minotaur Books, 2011).
2 thoughts on “Serie Negra: Best 2011 Crime Novels”
José Ignacio – This is certainly a fine list! I’m not surprised they made the “best” list.
I have only read two of these yet (Truth and The Snowman), but I am looking forward to Crooked Letter and Started Early, Took My Dog.