The purpose of the Pick of the Month meme, hosted by Kerrie at Mysteries in Paradise, is to identify our crime fiction best read for each particular month. You can click HEREto find the contributions of other fellow bloggers.
This month I have reviewed five crime fiction books:
- The Draining Lake (Kindle Edition Vintage Digital, 2009) by Arnaldur Indridason. Translated from the Icelandic by Bernard Scudder. Original title: Kleifarvatn, 2004.*****
- The Caller (Kindle Edition Vintage Digital, 2011) by Karin Fossum. Translated from the Norwegian by K.E. Semmel. Original title: Varsleren, 2009.*****
- El campo del alfarero (Versión Kindle. Ediciones Salamandra, 2011) de Andrea Camilleri. Traducción de María Antonia Menini Pagès. Título original: Il campo del vasaio. English title: The Potter’s Field.****
- Hour of the Wolf (Kindle edition, Mantle, 2012) by Hakan Nesser. Translated into English by Laurie Thompson. Originally published in 1999 as Carambole.*****
- El verano de los juguetes muertos (Versión Kindle, Debolsillo, 2011) de Antonio Hill. English title: The Summer of Dead Toys.****
Both, The Caller and Hour of the Wolf, deserve a special mention here, but if you twist my arm and force me to choose only one, my favourite this month is The Draining Lake by Arnaldur Indridason. In any case I very much enjoyed reading each and every one of these five books.