Karen, at Euro Crime, has come up with the first list, so far, of translated crime novels published between June 2012 and May 2013 i.e.: the period of eligibility for next year International Dagger Award. HERE. At first glance my interest has focused on:
- Arnaldur Indridason – Black Skies tr. Victoria Cribb (Iceland) my review is HERE
- Asa Larsson – The Black Path tr. Marlaine Delargy (Sweden) (First UK Publication) TBR soon.
- Karin Fossum – In the Darkness (Norway)
- Santiago Gamboa – Necropolis (Colombia) if I can get it in Spanish, at a reasonable price.
- Camilla Ceder – Babylon (Sweden), though I’ve still to read first Frozen Moment
- Deon Meyer – Seven Days (South Africa)
- Liza Marklund – Last Will (Sweden)
- Zygmunt Miloszewski – A Grain of Truth (Poland)
- Andrea Camilleri – The Age of Doubt (Italy)
- Fred Vargas – The Ghost Riders of Ordebec (France)
I have not taken into account Leif G W Persson’s books since I have in my pipeline to read first Between Summer’s Longing and Winter’s Cold the first one in his trilogy Story of a Crime (Another Time, Another Life and Falling Freely, As If In A Dream).
Any other suggestions are welcome.
3 thoughts on “International Dagger Speculation (2013)”
There is a lot of happy reading in store for us!
Very much indeed, Maxine. I look forward to a year as good as the last