Sarah at Crime Pieces reminds us that today is National Poetry Day in the UK. For this reason I would like to suggest a visit to Rosalía de Castro: Selected Poems. I would like to call you attention particularly to Adiós rios, adios fontes (originally in Spanish Galician) and/or Good-bye Rivers, Good-bye Fountains (the English version).
Day: October 4, 2012
New to me authors July – September 2012
I read nine books by new to me authors during the last quarter. My best discovery was Adrian McKinty’s The Cold Cold Ground. And I was also glad for having found some other writers. Mainly Stefan Tegenfalk, Y. A. Erskine, John Lawton and Fuminori Nakamura.
- Venus Privada de Giorgio Scerbanenco. (English title: A Private Venus).***
- The Gingerbread House by Carin Gerhardsen.***
- The Cold Cold Ground by Adrian McKinty*****
- Deep Down (Transworld Digital, 2012) by Lee Child***
- Anger Mode, translated by David Evans. (Nordic Noir Books, 2011 Kindle Edition) by Stefan Tegenfalk.***
- Tarde, mal y nunca [English title: The Barcelona Brothers] de Carlos Zanón
- The Brotherhood (Random House Australia, 2011. Kindle edition) by Y. A. Erskine.****
- Black Out (Grove Press, 2012. Kindle Edition) by John Lawton.***
- The Thief by Fuminori Nakamura.****