This post was meant as a personal note, but it might be of interest to (casual or regular) readers of this blog
Following the publication in the UK of The Weeping Girl, 2013, I have put together the complete list of books in the series. Click on the book title for additional information. Please let me know if you find any errors or omissions. The action takes place in Maardam, a fictitious city in a made-up country that could be anywhere in northern Europe. It follows the murder cases investigated by Chief Inspector Van Veeteren – eventually the retired Chief Inspector – and his two crime squad protégés, Münster and Moreno.
– Det grovmaskiga nätet, 1993; English translation: The Mind’s Eye, 2008 (Mind’s Eye, USA, 2008); Spanish translation: La tosca red, 2006.
– Borkmanns punkt, 1994; English translation: Borkmann’s Point, 2006
– Återkomsten; 1995; English translation: The Return, 2007
– Kvinna med födelsemärke, 1996; English translation: Woman with Birthmark, 2009; Spanish translation: La mujer del lunar, 2009
– Kommissarien och tystnaden, 1997; English translation: The Inspector and Silence, 2010
– Münsters fall, 1998; English translation: The Unlucky Lottery, 2011 (Münster’s Case, USA, 2012)
– Carambole, 1999; English translation: Hour of the Wolf, 2012
– Ewa Morenos fall, 2000; English translation: The Weeping Girl, 2013
– Svalan, katten, rosen, döden, 2001; English translation: The Strangler’s Honeymoon, 2013
– Fallet G, 2003.