To encourage us to read new authors, Kerrie at Mysteries in Paradise has launched this meme. It is easy to join in. All you need to do is write a post about the best crime fiction book by a new (to you anyway) author that you have read during this time frame. And do not forget to visit the links posted by other fellow participants to discover even more books to read.
In the second quarter of this year I’ve read fifteen books of which six were by new (to me anyway) authors.You can see my review by clicking on the book title:
- Broken Harbour (Hodder & Stoughton, 2012) by Tana French.***
- The Blackhouse (Quercus, 2011) by Peter May.*****
- March Violets (Penguin Books, 2004) by Philip Kerr.****
- Las flores de Baudelaire (Editorial Alrevés, 2012) by Gonzalo Garrido.***
- The Missing File (Quercus, 2013) by D. A. Mishani. Translated by Steven Cohen.**
- The Collini Case (Penguin Books, 2012) by Ferdinand von Schirach. Translated by Anthea Bell.****