To encourage us to read new authors, Kerrie at Mysteries in Paradise has launched this meme. It is easy to join in. All you need to do is write a post about the best crime fiction book by a new (to you anyway) author that you have read during this time frame. And do not forget to visit the links posted by other fellow participants to discover even more books to read.
In the third quarter I’ve read this year seventeen books of which seven were by new (to me anyway) authors.You can see my reviews by clicking on the book title:
- Alex (MacLehose Press/Quercus, 2013) Translated by Frank Wynne, by Pierre Lemaitre.****
- Laidlaw (Canongate Books, 2013) First published in Great Britain in 1977, by William McIlvanney. *****
- Random Violence (Soho Crime, 2010). First published 2008, by Jassy Mackenzie.***
- Safe House (Faber & Faber, 2012.), by Chris Ewan.****
- Cold Courage (Hesperus Press Ltd, 2013). Translated from the Finnish by Owen F. Witesman, by Pekka Hiltunen.***
- Norwegian by Night (Faber & Faber, 2013), by Derek B Miller.*****
- Happy Birthday, Turk! (No Exit Press, 2013), Translated from the German by Anselm Hollo, by Jakob Arjouni.***
And I would highly recommend particularly, two books: Laidlaw and Norwegian by Night.