One of my favourite Riojas for special occasions. Information from La Rioja Alta Website here
Every two years, Club de Cosecheros offers its members 240 bottles (40 cases with 6 bottles each) of a Reserva red. This is an exclusive wine not found in our brands and therefore not to be found on the market. As availability is limited and the oldest members have priority in reserving the latest editions, new members are processed strictly by order of arrival, except those recommended by other Club members, who are given priority (valid for mainland Spain and the Balearic Islands only).
- Winery: La Rioja Alta S.A. Haro (La Rioja) Spain
- Phone: +34 902 123 904
- Winemaker: Julio Sáenz
- Website: www.riojalta.com
- Brand: Club de Cosecheros Reserva
- DOC: La Rioja
- SubRegion: Rioja alta
- Type: Reserva Red 13,5%. This wine began ageing in April 2010 in American oak barrels hand-crafted at La Rioja Alta facilities. During the next two years the wine was racked four times in the traditional fashion, from barrel to barrel. It was rounding off in La Rioja Alta racks since March 2012.
- Grape Variety: 95% Tempranillo and 5% Mazuelo
- Vineyards: From La Rioja Alta vineyards in Labastida and Rodezno.
- Bottle Size: 75.0 cl.
- Price: Available by subscription only.
- My wine rating: 9.8/10
Five Basque and Riojan families founded Bodegas La Rioja Alta in 1890, which was back then called Sociedad Vinícola de La Rioja Alta. Over the decades, they became one of the Rioja’s most prestigious wineries. The company also owns three other wineries: Lagar de Cervera (Galicia), Torre de Ona (Rioja Alavesa) and Aster (Ribera del Duero). Bodegas La Rioja Alta produces five reds but no white or pink wines. For more information about the winery visit their website or take a look at this Spanish e-book.