My suggestion for the coming holidays, a young white wine with great flavour and rich in contrasts, to pair with fish and shellfish.
- Winery: Bodega San Clodio – Producciones Amodiño, S.L. Cubilledo, Gomariz, 32420 Leiro, Ourense, Spain
- Phone: +34988488741
- Winemaker: Maria Vidal
- Website: under construction
- Brand: San Clodio 2013
- DO: Ribeiro
- Type: Young white wine 12,5% aged on lees for 2 months
- Grapes Variety: San Clodio is a blend of indigenous varietals, including 70% Treixadura and the rest small amounts of Godello, Loureira, Torrontés and Albariño.
- Vineyards: 9 has.
- Bottle Size: 75.0 cl.
- Price: Between 9,00 and 10,00 €
- My wine rating: 9.5/10
Producciones Amodiño, S.L. is owned by Spanish filmmaker Jose Luis Cuerda. Gerry Dawes wrote about this wine at Gerry Dawes’s Spain: An Insider’s Guide to Spanish Food, Wine, Culture and Travel, Galicia’s Green Gold: White Wines from Native Spanish Grapes. San Clodio and José Luís Cuerda were featured in a three-page, front page lead article in The Sunday’s New York Times Travel Section on August 27. ttp://travel.nytimes.com/2007/08/26/travel/26galicia.html.
The family has begun to arrive to our house to celebrate Christmas. Begoña and I will be busy in our role as hosts. The Game’s Afoot will take a short break. Meanwhile, I would like to wish to all visitors, usual or occasional, of this blog