One of my favourite Ruedas.
- Winery: Viñedos de Nieva S.L. Camino Real, s/n. 40447 Nieva (Segovia). Viñedos de Nieva was founded in 1989 as a project trying to revive the winegrowing tradition that existed in this region. After 20 years working and step by step, in 2009, Bodegas Martúe joins this company to enforce the image and sales of this emblematic winery.
- Phone: + 34 921 594 628
- Winemaker: Ignacio de Miguel
- Website: www.martue.com/martue/ingles/index.html
- Brand: Blanco Nieva Verdejo
- DO: Rueda
- Type: Young white wine 12,5%
- Grapes Variety: 100% Verdejo
- Vineyards: Viñedos de Nieva has in its property 50 hectares of Verdejo (from Rueda in its origin) and 6 hectares of Sauvingon Blanc, imported from France and very well adapted to the soil and climate conditions of Rueda. The altitude (above 850 m.) and the sandy soil full of pebbles, makes the grape express all its potential in the wine. Its extreme climate is characterized by cold winters and hot summers during the day but fresh at night, producing perfect conditions for the production of fine white grapes.
- Soil: sandy soil full of pebbles
- Bottle Size: 75.0 cl.
- Price: It can be bought at around 5 to 6 € in Spain.
- My wine rating: 9.0/10
A 100% Verdejo with a marked varietal character, it is made using grapes from 20% vineyards planted with old bush vines and 80% vineyards over 15 years old growing trellis-trained vines. A straw-yellow colour, this wine has a fresh, clean nose that is fruity (stoned fruit, peach, tropical fruit) and nuanced by vegetative notes. A very pleasant, refined palate with balsamic hints, it is well-balanced with a good level of acidity.
Click here to find out technical details.