Atrium Merlot is a medium bodied red wine with rounded tannins and red fruit flavours. The key to this wine is the maceration and fermentation at 20°C. which allows to get round tannins and preserve the fruitiness of Merlot. Finally, the personality of the wine is rounded with the light touch of the barrel.
- Winery: Bodegas Torres (Miguel Torres S.A.) M. Torres, 6, Vilafranca del Penedès, Barcelona – España. Torres’ headquarters in Vilafranca del Penedès are the roots of a great dream that has grown right from day one. Work developed in Spain, Chile and California that continues to bear excellent fruit. Today, Torres has more than 1300 hectares of vineyard and above all, presence in more than 140 countries where the Torres name is associated with some of the best wines in the world. Atrim Merlot is made out at Pacs del Penedès winery.
- Phone: +34 93 8177400
- Winemaker: Miguel A. Torres
- Website: www.torres.es
- Brand: Atrium Merlot
- DO: Penedès
- Type: Red wine 14 %. Aged 6 months in new French oak barrels.
- Grapes Variety: 100% Merlot
- Vineyards: My understanding is that the grapes mainly from vineyards in the Middle Penedès, most likely from Las Torres and Masía Torres,
- Soil: Poor in organic matter, calcareous and not particularly fertile.
- Bottle Size: 75.0 cl.
- Price: € 7,00 at Supermercado El Corte Inglés.
- My wine rating: 9.0/10
Read More about Bodegas Torres at Wikipedia.
2 thoughts on “OT: Atrium 2012 (Merlot)”
I’ve enjoyed other wines from Torres in the past so I’ll have to look out for this one. I don’t think I’ve tried it before.
Merlot is not a common grape in Spain, and Torres is a relaible producer. Enate has also a Marlot, but at a much higher price.