The TBR Double Dog Dare, hosted by C. B. James at James Read Books, is not a reading challenge; it’s a dare. All you have to do to win the TBR Double Dog Dare is to read only from your TBR pile between January 1 and April 1. You can still buy books, you just can’t read them until the TBR Double Dog Dare is over (With some exceptions).
Some of the books I’m planning to read in this time-frame are:
- Three-Card Monte by Marco Malvaldi
- The Dying Place by Luca Veste
- Entry Island by Peter May
- The Diggers Rest Hotel by Geoffrey McGeachin
- Shadow of the Rock by Thomas Mogford
- Dead Line by Chris Ewan
- Slow Horses by Mick Herron
- Bed of Nails by Antonin Varenne
- In Matto’s Realm by Friedrich Glauser
- Pilgrim Soul by Gordon Ferris
- He Who Kills the Dragon by Leif GW Persson
- Winter’s Bone by Daniel Woodrell
- Pale Horses by Nate Southard
- Consorts of Death by Gunnar Staalesen
- The Serbian Dane by Leif Davidsen
- The Font Seat Passenger by Pascal Garnier
- Detective Inspector Huss by Helene Tursten
- Seeing Whom He May Devour by Fred Vargas
- The Fourth Man by K. O. Dahl
- L.A. Quartet (The Black Dahlia, The Big Nowhere, L.A. Confidential and White Jazz) by James EllroyPlus some books by Andrea Camilleri, Michael Connelly, Ian Rankin, Leonardo Padura, Peter Temple, Håkan Nesser and Philip Kerr.
This surely means that I have more than enough books to read until July or August this year.
- Still, If I manage to read them all, I’ll end up with about 100 books on my TBR.