- Winery: Bodega y Viñedos Maurodos. Founded in 2001. Ctra.Nacional 122.Km. 412 Villaester de Arriba. Valladolid. Since 1997, Maurodos has 80 ha vineyard Toro planted mostly with the variety tinta de toro and garnacha.
- Phone: +34 98 352 19 72
- Winemaker: Mariano García
- Website: www.bodegasanroman.com/en/
- Brand: Prima
- DO: Toro
- Type: Red wine 14,5 %. Aged 12 months in French and American oak barrels of one or two wines.
- Bottling: March 2012
- Grapes Variety: 90% Tinta de Toro and 10% Garnacha Tinta
- Vineyards: In the municipalities of Villaester and San Román de Hornija, MAURODOS has different vineyard estates with a total area of 80 ha, planted mostly with the variety tinta de toro. The average age of the vines is 35 years old, with a low density of plants which has been increased with the new plantings to generate competition amongst the roots and regulate the vigour of the vines.
- Soil Type: The soils are loose, stony or sandy depending on the area with clay subsoil where the plant can stock up on water in periods of drought.
- Bottle Size: 75.0 cl.
- Price: € 9,50.
- My wine rating: 9,0/10
Maurodos produces annually some 240,000 bottles with 40% destined for export in over 55 countries mainly USA and Europe. Read more at Winery Detail.