- Winery: Bodega de Sarria (Palacio de Bornos) Taninia Bodegas & Viñedos. Ctra. Madrid, La Coruña km170.6 – 47490 Rueda (Valladolid – España)
- Phone: + 34 983 868 116
- Winemaker: Pilar García del Pino
- Website: www.palaciodebornos.com
- Brand: Palacio de Bornos
- DO: Rueda
- Type: Young White Wine 2014
- Alcohol: 13 %
- Grape Variety: 100% Verdejo
- Vineyards: Palacio de Bornos has 220 hectares of its own vineyards in the towns of Rueda, Pollos and La Seca.
- Soil Type: The soil is characterized by a calcareous clay subsoil composition and gravelly soil with high concentrations of pebbles, which allows good aeration and drainage, ideal characteristics for the good development of the vine.
- Bottle Size: 75.0 cl.
- Price: 4.85 € at Club Bornos on line.
- My wine rating: 87/100 (a wine of good quality) NEW!
TANINIA is a shared concept that brings together five wine regions, Navarra, Ribera del Queiles, Rueda, Toro and Ribera del Duero, and five wineries, Señorío de Sarría, Guelbenzu, Palacio de Bornos, Toresanas and Vallebueno.
Palacio de Bornos Verdejo is a white wine from Rueda, it is produced by the Palacio de Bornos winery, located in the municipality of La Seca, Valladolid. This is one of the most historic wineries in Rueda, with a wine production dating back to 1870. Palacio de Bornos is a varietal Verdejo, the most notorious variety in Rueda. Regarding the development of Palacio de Bornos Verdejo, the grapes undergo a manual selection. Subsequently a temperature-controlled fermentation takes place in stainless steel barrels. Palacio de Bornos Verdejo is a young, fresh white wine with unbeatable value. (Source: Decántalo)
This is a 100% Verdejo that, usually, never disappoints and sold at a very attractive price. I used to buy this wine when, at times, I passed by the km. 170.6 of La Coruña highway.