Another excellent wine from Vinos Valltuille is this 100% Mencía aged 4 moths in French oak barrels. I particularly prefer this slightly aged red wine to the un-oaked Pago de Valdoneje reviewed earlier, unfortunately this one has a quite limited production so far.
- Winery: Vinos Valltuille S.L. Calle de la Fragua, s/n. 45530 Valtuille de Abajo, León, España
- Phone: + 34 987 562 165
- Winemaker: Marcos Garcia Advisor: Raúl Perez
- Website: www.vinosvaltuille.com
- Brand: Pago de Valdoneje Roble Production: 2,700 bottles
- DO: Bierzo.
- Type: Young Red Wine aged 4 months in French oak barrels
- Vintage: 2014
- Alcohol: 14 %
- Grape Variety: 100% Mencía.
- Vineyards: Located in slopes between 600 and 700 meters for the most part south oriented. The grapes for this young wine come from 85 years old vines.
- Soil Type: Clay with extensive presence of sand
- Bottle Size: 75.0 cl.
- Price: It was a present but, if my information is correct, is available in Spain at about € 7.50
- My wine rating: 90/100 (A wine of very good to excellent quality) NEW!
You can read more about El Bierzo Wine Region at Iberian Traveller.