One of my favourite Riojas. See my previous post here, on a different vintage.
- Winery: Bodegas Palacios Remondo, Avda. Zaragoza 8, 26540 Alfaro, La Rioja (España)
- Phone: +34 941 18 02 07
- Winemaker: Álvaro Palacios / Javier Gil
- Website: n/a
- Brand: La Montesa, named after the vineyard located on the northeastern slope of Monte Yerga in eastern Rioja at an altitude of 550 metres. The climate is Mediterranean with Atlantic influences, with a large temperature difference between winter and summer, allowing an excellent ripening of the grapes.
- DOCa: Rioja
- Type: Tinto Crianza aged 12 months in French oak barrels (90%) and American oak barrels, (10%). 20% are new barrels, 30% barrels have contained one wine previously, 25% have contained 2 wines and 25% have contained 3 wines.
- Vintage: 2012
- Alcohol: 14%
- Grape Variety: 80% Garnacha, 15% Tempranillo and 5% Mazuelo (aka Cariñena). All the grapes varieties are grown in their own vineyard.
- Vineyards: La Montesa, property of Bodegas Palacios Remondo, at the foot of Mount Yerga, in the municipality of Alfaro, in lower Rioja.
- Soil Type: Mainly limestone and clay with many stones.
- Bottle Size: 75.0 cl.
- Price: It can be found around € 10.50
- My wine rating: 95/100 (A wine of distinction) NEW!