Three more volumes are slated for release in the new UK Penguin Classic Maigret series:
Maigret’s Holiday. Inspector Maigret #28 by Georges Simenon, Ros Schwartz (Translator) Published 4th February 2016. Original title: Les vacances de Maigret, 1947.
Maigret and His Dead Man. Inspector Maigret #29 by Georges Simenon, David Coward (Translator) Published 3rd March 2016. Original title: Maigret et son mort (1948).
My Friend Maigret. Inspector Maigret #31 by Georges Simenon Published 5th May 2016. Original title: Mon ami Maigret (1949).
According to my information they are among the best in the series. Source [Life on La Lune: The top ten Maigret novels]
Hacienda Lopez de Haro Crianza is one of the best wines that can be found in Spain at less than 5 EUR. In a nutshell, it’s a wine than offers excellent value for money.
Hacienda Lopez de Haro Crianza is produced by Bodega Classica, a winery belonging to Vintae Group, located on the slopes of San Vicente de la Sonsierra. The climate in this area is continental and moderate, marked by a Cantabrian influence. Hacienda Lopez de Haro Crianza has received many accolades from Robert Parker’s colleagues in Spain. According to Neil Martin, this is ‘a contemporary classic’ and Luis Gutierrez, ‘for this level of quality, this wine is a bargain.’ This wine is a blend of Tempranillo, Grenache and Graciano from the winery’s own old vines, planted 380-500 metres above sea level. (Source: Decántalo)
Bodega Classica was founded in 2009 by the Arambarri’s: a Riojan family, owners of the Vintae group. They began with the Castillo de Maetierra winery, the only one specialized in Rioja white wines. Later came Valles de Sadacia, also in La Rioja, and finally the D.O. Ribera del Duero, Navarra, and the D.O. Toro in 2009 with the already famous Bodega Matsu. Currently, the Vintae group cultivates in nine Spanish D.O.s. Its goal is to produce innovative, quality wines that are adapted to consumers’ changing tastes and retain the character of each production zone. Bodega Classica is located in San Vicente de la Sonsierra in the heart of DOC La Rioja. It is one of the towns with the strongest winemaking tradition in Spain. (Source: Decántalo)
- Winery: Bodega Classica, Camino del Cementerio, s/n 26338 San Vicente de la Sonsierra (La Rioja).
- Phone: +34 941 271 217
- Winemaker: Raúl Acha
- Website: www.bodegaclassica.com/
- Brand: Hacienda López de Haro
- DOC: Rioja
- Type: Red wine aged for 18 months in French and American oak barrels and rests in the bottle for 6 months before reaching the market.
- Vintage: 2013
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Grape Variety: A blend of Tempranillo, Graciano and Grenache.
- Vineyards: Made from a selection of old vineyards selected from different areas in La Rioja.
- Soil Type: Good drained clay-lime soils.
- Bottle Size: 75.0 cl.
- Price: € 4,50 at my local grocery shop.
- My wine rating: 87/100 (A wine of good quality) NEW!