Another interesting wine from the Ribera del Duero DO, very attractively priced. For me it was quite a pleasant surprise. An excellent example of a job well done.
- Winery: Bodegas Arzuaga Navarro, Ctra. N.122 Aranda-Valladolid, Km. 325 C.P. 47350 Quintanilla de Onésimo (Valladolid). Since its founding in 1993, Bodegas Arzuaga Navarro has been known for its high-quality wines (Crianzas, Reservas, and Grand Reservas), in DO Ribera del Duero. The La Planta estate is named after a 1,000-year-old Mediterranean oak tree presiding on the property. La Planta is also the name of our youngest wine, which is made from grapes grown within a large 3,458-acre natural hunting reserve that is situated in Quintanilla de Onésimo. Within this reserve grow 370 acres of vines, mostly of Tinto Fino but complemented by a small percentage of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
- Phone: +34 983 681 146
- Winemaker: Adolfo González
- Website: www.arzuaganavarro.com
- Brand: La Planta Production: 650,000, 75cl bottles of 75 cl and 13,000, 1.5 litre Magnum.
- DO: Ribera del Duero
- Type: Read wine aged for 6 months in French and American oak barrels.
- Vintage: 2014
- Alcohol: 14.5 %
- Grape Variety: Tinto Fino (aka Tempranillo) 100%
- Vineyards: The grapes used to produce La Planta originate from vines that are more than 20 years of age, property of the winery.
- Soil Type: Chalky-clay, the vines are at about 900 metres above sea level.
- Bottle Size: 75.0 cl.
- Price: € 7,25 at my local grocery shop.
- My wine rating: 90/100 (A wine of very good to excellent quality) NEW!