- Winery: Vinos de Arganza S.L. Pol. Ind. del Bierzo p. 41. 24560 Toral de los Vados, Leóm, Spain. Vinos de Arganza is a family business bought by Víctor Robla and his wife Ángeles Varela. Victor has been in the wine business all his life. Ángeles has returned to her origins, her grandmother Sara Álvarez de Toledo, born in Villafranca del Bierzo, belongs to a nobility family of the region, owner of large vineyards and wineries since the fifteenth century.
- Phone: +34 987 544 831
- Winemaker: Not available.
- Website: http://www.vinosdearganza.com/en/
- Brand: Encanto Seleccion D.O Bierzo Mencia
- Vintage: 2013
- DO: Bierzo
- Type: Red wine aged for twenty two-months in French and American oak barrels
- Fermented at a controlled temperature atmosphere. Twenty two-month ageing process in French and American oak barrels.
- Alcohol: 13.00%
- Grape Variety: 100% Mencía
- Vineyards: Mencía coming from 62 acres of old vines 25 years old in Villafranca del Bierzo (north western Spain).
- Bottle Size: 75.0 cl.
- Price: € 3.99 at a local supermarket
- My wine rating: 88/100 (A wine of good quality) NEW!
A highly interesting wine with one of the best price-quality ratio we can find in the market. Despite of having a twenty-two months aging process, as we can read on the winery website, it is rather a young red wine with a fruity taste that I have very much enjoyed and I’ve been pleasantly surprised.
You can read more about the Bierzo wine region here.