BORNOS Bodegas & Viñedos is a shared concept that brings together all our wineries, brands, vineyards and wine varieties. It is a wine Group in which the various wineries that comprise it maintain their own history, personality and positioning, while at the same time, being governed by a common philosophy and working methods, based on quality, innovation, modernity and the pursuit of customer satisfaction. A group that grows and changes to adapt to new market trends, tastes and customer needs.
The origins of Orot date back to 1980, although it was in 1997, visualising the development and potential of the Toro D.O., when it was decided to build a winery to process their own production in the town of Toro, nerve canter of the Appellation.
- Winery: Bodegas Toresanas. Carretera de Tordesillas s/n. 49800 Toro (Zamora). Bodegas Toresanas belongs to the group Grupo Taninia (Now Bornos Bodegas y Viñedos), owner of the wineries Señorío de Sarría, Guelbenzu and Palacio de Bornos, among others.
- Phone: 34 983 868 116
- Winemaker: Milagros Rodriguez (?)
- Website: http://www.toresanas.com/
- Brand: Orot Crianza
- Vintage: 2014
- DO: Toro. The Appellation of Origin Toro is located in Castilla y León, southeast of the province of Zamora, with an area of 5,500 hectares of vineyards. The arid character of the area is characterized by an extreme continental climate with Atlantic influences. The cold winters and long hours of sunshine are excellent conditions for the successful development of the grape. The soil, composed of sandstone, clay and limestone is ideal for the cultivation of native varieties. The grape varieties allowed are: Tinta de Toro, Garnacha, Verdejo and Malvasia.
- Type: Red Wine matured 6 moths in in American and French oak barrels
- Alcohol: 14.5 %
- Grape Variety: 100% Tinta de Toro. Grapes coming from old bush vines, picked by hand and sorted on a sorting table before the entrance into the vat cellar.
- Vineyards: Orot has 20 hectares of their own vineyards with the Tinta de Toro (Tempranillo) variety, which is more than 15 years old. Located southeast of the province of Zamora, it is situated at an altitude of 700 meters above sea level. Origin of the grapes: 20% home-grown 80% bought from vine growers.
- Soil Type: The clay and sandstone terrain and limestone sediments, is ideal for growing this grape variety, which benefits greatly from soils which are lacking in organic matter, calcareous and with levels of humidity.
- Bottle Size: 75.0 cl.
- Price: 7,00 € at Club Bornos on line.
- My wine rating: 87/100 (a wine of good quality) NEW!