- Winery: Bodegas Viñedos y Crianzas del Alto Aragón (Enate) Avenida de las Artes, 1 – 22314 SALAS BAJAS (Huesca – España – Spain). Viñedos y Crianzas del Alto Aragón (Enate) was founded in 1991 with the goal to produce high-quality wine in the Somontano appellation, and it harvested its first grapes in 1992. The winery also has a strong link to contemporary art: the building itself is an architectural piece of art, including the decoration of the inner spaces. The commitment and love of art is reflected in the wines’ labels, which are reproductions from contemporary artists’ paintings. Original design for ENATE by Alberto Carrera Blecua.
- Phone: +34 974 30 25 80
- Winemaker: Jesús Artajona Serrano
- Website: http://www.enate.es/en/
- Brand: Enate Cabernet Sauvignon – Merlot
- DO: Somontano
- Type: An easy-drinking red wine, aged for six months in 225 litre French oak & American oak barrels.
- Vintage: 2013
- Alcohol: 14.5%
- Grape Variety: This wine is an equal blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, taken form a vineyard cultivated 600 metres above sea level in the Enate valley. The grapes are destemmed and are then cold macerated. Fermentation is then carried out at controlled temperatures. Enate Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot is then aged for 6 months in American oak barrels. Finally, the wine rests for one year in the bottle before being placed onto the market.
- Vineyards: Enate has 450 hectares of own vineyards, grouped in four large areas (Enate, Enate II, Bachimaña and Salas within the D.O. Somontano in the province of Huesca.
- Soil type: Low stone content at the surface with a light sand consistency and good drainage.
- Bottle Size: 75.0 cl.
- Price: Available on a special sale below € 5.00 at a local grocery shop.
- My wine rating: 88/100 (A wine of good quality) NEW!
A very nice red wine at a very competitive price, suitable for all occasions.