Congratulations to Jørn Lier Horst, winner of the 2019 Petrona Award announced yesterday at CrimeFest in Bristol.
About the Book: Set between the icy streets and dark forests of Norway, The Katharina Code is a heart-stopping story of one man’s obsession with his coldest case. Atmospheric, gripping and suspenseful; this is Nordic Noir at its very best.
Katharina went missing twenty-four years ago.
Each year on the anniversary of her disappearance Chief Inspector William Wisting visits her husband, the man he could never help.
He re-reads her files, searching for the answer he could never find.
The code he could never solve.
This year is going to be different.
Another woman is missing.
And so is Katharina’s husband.
Wisting has to find him, but is he rescuing a dear friend, or playing a deadly game? (Source: Peguin UK)
About the Author: Jørn Lier Horst (b. 1970) has with his award-winning novels about William Wisting joined the elite of Nordic crime writers. Having worked as a head of investigations before becoming a full-time author, Horst brings a unique brand of suspense and realism to the table. Besides his novels for grown readers, Horst has gained recognition for his unparalleled ability to thrill also young readers with charming mysteries. His standing as the Norwegian king of crime fiction for all ages was cemented when he created the Detective Agency No. 2 and CLUE series, both the most popular children’s book series in their respective age categories. (Source: Salomonsson Agency)
William Wisting series (Source: Wikipedia) You can access my book notes clicking on the book title.
- Key Witness (Org. Nøkkelvitnet, 2004)
- Disappearance of Felicia (Org. Felicia forsvant, 2005)
- When the Sea Calms (Org. Når havet stilner, 2006)
- The Only One (Org. Den eneste ene, 2007)
- Nocturnal Man (Org. Nattmannen, 2009)
- Dregs (Org. Bunnfall, 2010) – translated into English by Anne Bruce, 2011
- Closed for Winter (Org. Vinterstengt, 2011) – translated into English 2013
- The Hunting Dogs (Org. Jakthundene, 2012) – translated into English 2014
- The Caveman (Org. Hulemannen, 2013) – translated into English 2015
- Ordeal (Org. Blindgang, 2015) – translated into English 2016
- When It Grows Dark (Org. Når Det Mørkner, 2016) – translated into English 2016 (A prequel to the series.)
- The Katharina Code (Org. Katharina-koden, 2017) – translated into English 2018
- The Cabin (Org. Det innerste rommet, 2018) – translated into English 2019
About the Translator: Norwegian literary translator, aficionado of all things Scandinavian. She studied Norwegian and English at the University of Glasgow and now lives on the Isle of Arran, Scotland. She has translated a number of crime novels by Anne Holt and Jørn Lier Horst.