The 2011 Nordic Challenge is hosted by Zee at Notes from the North and runs from January 1 2011 to December 31 2011.
The Rules are simple. There is no need to make a list before hand. Any book by any author born in a Nordic country (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and/or Sweden) or a book set in a Nordic country.
They can be from any genre but I have restricted myself to crime fiction only.
There are 5 levels, and I decided to join in at the highest possible level, in a fit of insanity. Valhalla Level: Read 20+ books
My count so far:
- Three Seconds by Anders Roslund and Börge Hellström
- Yours Until Death by Gunnar Staalesen
- The Redeemer by Jo Nesbo
- Red Wolf by Liza Marklund
- El chino de Henning Mankell (The Man from Beijing)
- Nadie lo ha visto de Mari Jungstedt (Unseen)
- The Snowman by Jo Nesbo
- The Leopard by Jo Nesbo
- The Abominable Man, by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö
- Echoes from the Dead by Johan Theorin
- Mercy by Jussi Adler-Olsen (my review is coming soon)
Can’t believe I’m still on track.
Next from my TBR pile:
- The Inspector and Silence by Hakan Nesser
- Voices by Arnaldur Indridason
- The Ice Princess by Camilla Läckberg
- Nadie lo ha oído (Unspoken) by Mari Jungsted
- Sangre derramada (The Blood Spilt) by Asa Larsson
- Antes de que hiele (Before the Frost) By Henning Mankell
- La Pirámide (The Pyramid) by Henning Mankell
From my Wish List:
- Bad Intentions by Karin Fossum
- Frozen Moment by Camille Ceder
- Outrage by Arnaldur Indridason
- The Quarry by Johan Theorin