Thanks to Bernadette at Reactions to Reading, I’ve found this meme hosted by Jen’s Book Thoughts. And I could not resist the idea of participating.
1. Best Book of 2011 – Voices, by Arnaldur Indriðason
2. Worst Book of 2011 – La venganza del silencio (The Revenge of Silence), by Alonso Cueto. Not available in English yet.
3. Most Disappointing Book of 2011 – Muerte en Florencia (Death in Florence), by Marco Vichi. Not available in English yet.
4. Most surprising (in a good way) book of 2011 – Blanco nocturno (Nocturnal Target), by Ricardo Piglia. Not available in English yet.
5. Book you recommended to people most in 2011 – The Martin Beck Series by Maj Sjöwall & Per Wahlöö
6. Best series you discovered in 2011 – Guido Guerrieri series by Gianrico Carofiglio
7. Favourite new authors you discovered in 2011 – Alan Glynn and Jussi Adler-Olsen among others.
8. Most hilarious read of 2011 – The Voice of the Violin, by Andrea Camilleri
9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011 – Trackers, by Deon Meyer
10. Book you most anticipated in 2011 – The Leopard, by Jo Nesbø
11. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2011 – Dregs, by Jorn Lier Horst
12. Most memorable character in 2011 – Varg Veum the central character in Gunnar Staalesen’s series of crime novels
13. Most beautifully written book in 2011 – Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter, by Tom Franklin.
14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011 – Rupture, by Simon Lelic
15. Book you can’t believe you waited until 2011 to finally read? – Voices, by Arnaldur Indriðason
6 thoughts on “2011 End of Year Book Meme”
Very good! I’m doing this one, will post in a week or so (in post queue).
Oh I like your choices, that Dregs cover is very good…glad they didn’t include the bloody foot stump though 😉
José Ignacio – This is a fine, fine list of choices. Thanks :-).
Jose Ignacio: After your strong recommendation of Trackers I bought the book in Calgary where my wife are spending a few days with our sons and a pair of Rotary exchange students (Finland and Taiwan) who came with us.